Industrial Hydraulic Technician:
Applies fluid power theory and related knowledge to test and troubleshoot operational industrial hydraulic systems and applications. Reads industrial application schematics, does basic cylinder & hydraulic motor calculations. An Industrial Hydraulic Technician is able to supervise system installations and commissioning. All Technician certifications require a three (3) hour written and a three (3) hour Job Performance (hands on) test. If you’re interested in testing for the IHT certification, you will need to register for the test.
- Sets-up and tests systems and components under direction of engineering and scientific staff.
- Recommends modifications to circuit & components to improve performance
- Provides leak free piping.
- Supervises system installation, flushing & commissioning.
- Knows how, where and when to take fluid samples and read lab reports.
- Can establish ISO cleanliness level for a system.
- Can devise the Target Cleanliness Chart to aid diagnostics.
- Understands sequence & counterbalance circuits and associated valving.
- Sets pump load sensing and compensator controls.
- Understands hydrostatic drives.
- Understands basic electrical controls and their application.
- Understands ladder logic.
- Reads electronic circuits.
- Calculates decompression volume.
- Does trouble shooting and supervises required replacements, repair or adjustment.