Mobile Hydraulic Technician (MHT):
Applies fluid power theory and related knowledge to test and troubleshoot operational mobile hydraulic systems and applications. A Mobile Hydraulic Technician reads mobile schematics, performs basic cylinder & hydraulic motor calculations and is able to supervise system installations and commissioning. All Technician certifications require a three (3) hour written and a three (3) hour Job Performance (hands on) test. If you’re interested in testing for the MHT certification, you must register to take the test by submitting a test application.
Subject Matter Outline
- Sets-up and tests systems and components under direction of engineering and scientific staff.
- Recommends modifications to circuit & components to improve performance.
- Supervises system installation, flushing & commissioning.
- Provides leak-free piping.
- Knows how, where and when to take fluid samples and read lab reports.
- Can establish ISO cleanliness level for a system.
- Can devise the Target Cleanliness Chart.
- Understands accumulator use & operation.
- Understands hydrostatic drives.
- Sets pump load sensing and compensator controls.
- Understands basic electrical controls and their application.
- Calculates decompression volume.
- Understands regenerative circuits and their use.
- Understands sequence & counterbalance circuits and associated valving.
- Does trouble shooting and supervises required replacements, repair or adjustment.