Hydraulic Specialist (HS):
For those designing, writing specifications, sizing and selecting components for hydraulic systems across all industries. Hydraulic Specialist Certification requires a three (3) hour written test. If you’re interested in testing for the HS certification, you will need to register by submitting a test application.Important Update
- Read circuit diagrams, size components and understand function as used in hydraulic systems.
- Analyze load & motion. Determine and perform calculations for the work profile to move loads (force, distance, work, torque, speed, velocity and power.)
- Provides ISO cleanliness level for each system.
- Specifies filtration to maintain ISO cleanliness level.
- Specifies flushing and commissioning.
- Specifies Sampling and diagnostic ports.
- Size and specify hydraulic cylinders and motors.
- Understand operating curves for proportional control valves. Identify components on the amplifier card.
- Specify hydraulic reservoirs to meet system requirements.
- Specify hydraulic accumulators for system operation.
- Calculate heat loss and size heat exchangers
- Identify properties of hydraulic fluids and compatibility with seal materials.
- Understand the use and application of biodegradable fluids.
- Analyze and trouble shoot hydraulic systems (pressure, flow, heat, vibration, noise and cycle time.
- Recognize the basic electrical control systems.
- Understand ladder logic.
- Match programmable logic controller (PLC devices with application).
- Promotes safe working conditions with pressurized systems.
Recommended Reference Materials: