Your IFPS Certification is valid for a period of five (5) years, upon which time you will need to renew your certification.
The Fluid Power Certification Board requires ongoing experience and/or education in the fluid power industry. Professional Development Points (PDP) are assigned based on a point system. Ways to earn PDP:
- Work in fluid power field (a minimum of three (3) years is required)
- IFPS Membership
- Participation in your local IFPS Chapter
- Fluid power meetings attendance (offered through IFPS, FPDA, FPEF, NFPA)
- Volunteer positions held in fluid power organizations
- Fluid power instruction (either by instructing or receiving instruction)
- Fluid power student (full-time enrollment in an academic program)
- Technical presentations (either by presenting or attending)
- Fluid power training/seminars attendance
- Submitting an article or technical paper to the Fluid Power Journal or the IFPS newsletter.
- Submitting a sample test question with required references and appropriate graphics and/or schematics.
If an individual does not meet the recertification requirements, he/she will be required to take and pass the relevant certification test. A test retake fee will apply.
Apply for Recertification