Your IFPS Certification is valid for a period of five (5) years, upon which time you will need to renew your certification. IFPS will send you recertification reminders in the forms of e-mails, letters, and postcards; however, it is your responsibility to submit the required paperwork by the deadline. If you do not submit the paperwork by the deadline you may be required to retake the test and you can no longer use the certification designation after your name.
The Fluid Power Certification Board requires ongoing experience and/or education in the fluid power industry. Professional Development Points (PDP) are assigned based on a point system. Ways to earn PDP:
- Work in fluid power field (a minimum of three (3) years is required)
- IFPS Membership
- Participation in your local IFPS Chapter
- Fluid power meetings attendance (offered through IFPS, FPDA, FPEF, NFPA)
- Volunteer positions held in fluid power organizations
- Fluid power instruction (either by instructing or receiving instruction)
- Fluid power student (full-time enrollment in an academic program)
- Technical presentations (either by presenting or attending)
- Fluid power training/seminars attendance
- Submitting an article or technical paper to the Fluid Power Journal or the IFPS newsletter.
- Submitting a sample test question with required references and appropriate graphics and/or schematics.
If an individual does not meet the recertification requirements, he/she will be required to take and pass the relevant certification test. A test retake fee will apply.
You may save this to your desktop to
keep track of your points.