IFPS 2014 Annual Meeting
- Online registration is closed. Please call 800-308-6005 if you wish to register.
September 23-26, 2014
Embassy Suites Historic Charleston
Charleston, South Carolina
Please join us on September 23-26, 2014 as we hold the 2014 Annual Meeting at the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina. This is a great way to network with professionals in the fluid power and motion control industry.
In addition to committee and board meetings, optional activities
are planned throughout the week as well as a Technical Workshop
which will be held on Monday September 22, 2014. Participation in this workshop contributes towards re-accreditation requirements.
Registration must be received by September 5, 2014 (after September 5, 2014, a $25 late fee will be applied.)
- Delegate: $200.00 (includes reception, business meetings, and annual dinner)
- Spouse: $150.00 (includes reception and annual dinner)
- Technical Workshop: $150.00 (includes lunch)
- Optional activities
A discount hotel rate of $169.00 + tax /night has been secured for IFPS for Sunday, September 22, 2014 through Thursday, September 25, 2014. If you plan to stay Friday night, the room rate is $209.00 + tax/night. In order to take advantage of the Sunday - Thursday discounted rate, hotel reservations must be made by August 22, 2014.
Reservations can be made online
or by calling the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston, 843-723-6900 (be sure to mention group name – International Fluid Power Society to secure the group discount.)
The hotel is approximately 20 minutes from the Charleston International Airport / Taxi is approximately $30.00 each way. A shared shuttle is available - $14 each way. Ground Transportation Information.
Monday, September 22, 2014
“Fluid Power Potpourri
8:00 am – 5:00 pm (lunch included)
Presented by Tom Blansett, CFPAI, Behco-MRM, Inc.
The topics that will be covered will be Rules of Thumb=Thumbs Down; Sensor Technology, Thread and Connector ID with Lab; and Tuning a Proportional Valve Amplifier with Lab. In this varied array of topics, we will explore a number of subjects in an attempt to provide something for everyone during the workshop – new information for some and review for others but hopefully enable you to better present and explain information to your students.
Some popular rules of thumb used in sizing hydraulic components will be discussed and explain why they should never be used for any actual design solutions.
- Basic sensor types and theory of operation will be explained for sensors used to measure velocity and position to provide useful feedback data for closed loop control in fluid power systems.
- American and metric thread and connector identification explained and then students will have an opportunity to perform some hands-on reinforcement of the material learned.
- Basic proportional valve amplifier control theory will be explained and students will learn how to properly tune an amplifier and proportional valve pairing.
- Deadband, ramps, and gains will be explained and performed during hands-on instruction.
Online registration is closed. Please call 800-308-6005 if you wish to register.