Monday, September 22, 2014“Fluid Power Potpourri”
8:00 am – 5:00 pm (lunch included)
Presented by Tom Blansett, CFPAI, Eaton Corporation
The topics that will be covered will be Rules of Thumb=Thumbs Down; Sensor Technology, Thread and Connector ID with Lab; and Tuning a Proportional Valve Amplifier with Lab. In this varied array of topics, we will explore a number of subjects in an attempt to provide something for everyone during the workshop – new information for some and review for others but hopefully enable you to better present and explain information to your students.
- Some popular rules of thumb used in sizing hydraulic components will be discussed and explain why they should never be used for any actual design solutions.
- Basic sensor types and theory of operation will be explained for sensors used to measure velocity and position to provide useful feedback data for closed loop control in fluid power systems.
- American and metric thread and connector identification explained and then students will have an opportunity to perform some hands-on reinforcement of the material learned.
- Basic proportional valve amplifier control theory will be explained and students will learn how to properly tune an amplifier and proportional valve pairing.
- Deadband, ramps, and gains will be explained and performed during hands-on instruction.