NEW RELEASE- INDUSTRIAL HYDRAULIC MECHANIC CERTIFICATION
The IFPS released a new and upgraded Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic Certification and is now available to order! The new release includes an enhanced study manual and test.
- If you are scheduled to take the certification test before September 1, 2022, continue using the study manual you already have.
- If you are taking the certification test after September 1, 2022, you will need to download the new study manual.
- IFPS members may download a free study manual.
If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Pollander.
Outline Study Manual Sample Apply for Test
Areas of the Study Manual that were added and reworked:
- Both the written and Job Performance portions are included in one study manual.
- Pages and pages of full-color photos and graphics available to download!
- Principles of operation explained for commonly found components within an industrial hydraulic system – pumps,
valves, actuators, and accessories.
- Color-coded cutaway illustrations of hydraulic components to aid in understanding operation.
- Symbology updated to conform to ISO 1219 standard.
- Expanded content on troubleshooting to include decision-tree aids.
- Detailed content on pressure, flow, and directional control valves
- Improved graphics throughout and many real-life photos to assist in visualization.
- Basic hydraulic calculations useful in troubleshooting
- Safety tips
- Basic principles of electrohydraulic control – open loop and closed loop
- Electrohydraulic valves
- Sensors used in electrohydraulic systems.