Upgraded Mobile Hydraulic Mechanic Certification
The upgraded Mobile Hydraulic Mechanic (MHM) Certification Study Manual reflects the knowledge and skills needed for today’s mobile hydraulic mechanic.
- If you are scheduled to take the certification test before September 1, 2021, continue using the Study Manual you already have.
- If you are taking the certification test after September 1, 2021, you will need to download the new study manual.
- If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Pollander.
Outline Study Manual Sample Apply for Test
The upgraded MHM study manual compiles all the information necessary to pass both the written (knowledge) and job performance (practical ability) certification tests.
The IFPS strives to review all Certifications every five years to keep IFPS competency-based Certifications relevant in all fluid power applications. The upgraded MHM study manual compiles all the information necessary to pass both the written (knowledge) and job performance (practical ability) certification tests.
Areas of the Study Manual that were added and improved:
- Pages and pages of full-color photos and graphics available to download!
- Principles of operation explained for commonly found components within a mobile hydraulic system – pumps, valves, actuators, and accessories
- Color-coded cutaway illustrations of hydraulic components to aid in understanding operation
- Symbology updated to conform to ISO 1219 standard
- Expanded content on troubleshooting to include decision-tree aids
- Detailed content on pressure, flow, and directional control valves
- Improved graphics throughout and many real-life photos to assist in visualization
- Basic hydraulic calculations useful in troubleshooting
- Safety tips
- Basic principles of electrohydraulic control – open loop and closed loop
- Electrohydraulic valves
- Sensors used in electrohydraulic systems